TC Refugee Camp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what's the new name to run with?

+32
duckmanpig
Ari's cardbox
Chi
KTULU
CB
turtleman
Arii Has no Price
Future
The Ghost of iLLogikz
Cut
therealchive
SimplyIllicit
RedRonin
SpaceGhost
louie mo
FLA-5-6-ACE
NJ76ers
The letter M, twice
ryuken
JJ318
sirded
JxXxR
Bricksquad
Word To Ya Moms B
SubVERTorDIE
Blood-Raiyne Threezie
G
Ty
Return of the Capo
Dr Doom
1angryblack
1neAngryBlackMan
36 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

So what's the new name to run with? Empty So what's the new name to run with?

Post  1neAngryBlackMan Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:25 pm

We can have a new name and move from this temp board by tomorrow on a new host. I can possibly restore the old posts, etc but it's 65/35 that everything will be carried over.

First things first...what do you want to be called?

thahiphopcorner.com?

1neAngryBlackMan
Admin

https://tcrefugeecamp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

So what's the new name to run with? Empty Re: So what's the new name to run with?

Post  1angryblack Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:39 pm

Thahiphopcorner.com works, people might not like having "corner" in the name esp. with all the mess that's going on. If it's going to be a full on forum then sign me up to mod if you can. We need people that aren't going to be butt hurt when sh*t hits the fan or take everything to heart.

1angryblack

Back to top Go down

So what's the new name to run with? Empty Re: So what's the new name to run with?

Post  Dr Doom Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:44 pm

I don't like that title much. Like 1angryblk said, I think we should just move away from Tha Corner. How about WordOnThaBlock or something?

What you should do though is put this link up on TC's Twitter. Right now there's two things that need to be done, and that's getting the new site up, and getting the band back together. The latter's gonna be a lot more difficult.

Dr Doom

Back to top Go down

Post  1neAngryBlackMan Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:45 pm

1angryblack wrote:Thahiphopcorner.com works, people might not like having "corner" in the name esp. with all the mess that's going on. If it's going to be a full on forum then sign me up to mod if you can. We need people that aren't going to be butt hurt when sh*t hits the fan or take everything to heart.

Yea I figure we could still refer to things as TC and just let the old one die. Plus I would hate to see a year of search engine work go to waste...if people search for "tha corner", the new site would pop up and we shouldn't see much drop off.

As far as the mod spot..that's what this temp board would be about. I'm not familiar with your posting history but I remember seeing you pop up on the IC. I think there should be some deliberation as to who plays what role. If the DR vouch for you, I will support the move.

1neAngryBlackMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Doom Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:56 pm

I'm still up for being a (global) mod or even admin. Don't know what the word is on Kryptonite but if he's still in after this bullshit, I'd put him forward as well. Either way, I can definitely vouch for 1angryblack.

Dr Doom

Back to top Go down

Post  Return of the Capo Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:02 pm

Capo checking in....u mad?

Seriously tho, I can't believe Super stooped to this level. SMH....

Return of the Capo

Back to top Go down

Post  Return of the Capo Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:09 pm

Regarding getting the "band" back together, does Angry have everyone's email that they registered on Tha Corner with? He could shoot them an email....

Or at the very least message everyone who's a fan of ThaCorner on facebook.

Return of the Capo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ty Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:10 pm

Its probably best to use TC's Twitter (if you can). That got over a thousand followers while the facebook only has like 88 fans.

Ty

Back to top Go down

Post  1neAngryBlackMan Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:19 pm

I was able to put up a message with this link up so people who try to log in today can see it but I have no idea how long it will stay up. I put the word out on twitter already.

@Capo...the email addresses would be in the database that Super got rid of.

1neAngryBlackMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  G Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:19 pm

honestly I dont care what we name.
I just hope we get bring over as much from TC (threads, forums & most importantly ppl as possible)

alot of us put in major work and I'm not looking forward to starting from square 1. Thats the reason I finally jumped boat from the IC.

I'm really disappointed this shit happened period. I didnt on top of all the gossip but to think some literally said fuck it and 'took their ball home' is some weak shit.

G

Back to top Go down

Post  Return of the Capo Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:19 pm

Ty wrote:Its probably best to use TC's Twitter (if you can). That got over a thousand followers while the facebook only has like 88 fans.

Yeah I think the Twitter thing has been done....thats how i found the site after i type thacorner into the search function.

Return of the Capo

Back to top Go down

Post  Return of the Capo Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:20 pm

G wrote:honestly I dont care what we name.
I just hope we get bring over as much from TC (threads, forums & most importantly ppl as possible)

alot of us put in major work and I'm not looking forward to starting from square 1. Thats the reason I finally jumped boat from the IC.

I'm really disappointed this shit happened period. I didnt on top of all the gossip but to think some literally said fuck it and 'took their ball home' is some weak shit.

I have no problem keeping ThaCorner name. I think that would actually be best considering that name does hold some recognition/weight.

Return of the Capo

Back to top Go down

Post  Return of the Capo Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:22 pm

1neAngryBlackMan wrote:
@Capo...the email addresses would be in the database that Super got rid of.

Right but i thought i heard that someone backed the site up so all the info was saved....im not great with computers so i dont even know how that works.

Return of the Capo

Back to top Go down

So what's the new name to run with? Empty WTF??

Post  Blood-Raiyne Threezie Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:22 pm

Without Even Reading, I Just Wanna Say That I Am So Disappointed By The Sheer Fuckery Of What Has Taken Place. I Offer My Blog, The Departure Without Arrival Blog as a place where all of our writers can send their thoughts, though it would be smarter to start your own blogs if it's that deep. We should rebuild bigger and better. With Super gone now we shouldn't have to go through this bullshit. You only make a Phoenix Burn Brighter When You "Kill" It.

Blood-Raiyne Threezie

Back to top Go down

Post  Blood-Raiyne Threezie Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:25 pm

Let's keep the TC Name. It's gonna be under new management this time around, so we can keep it moving. Holding a grudge with the name makes us no better than the faggots that tore us down. What about articles and shit of that nature. I would hate to see my Nicki Minaj editorial go to waste.

Blood-Raiyne Threezie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ty Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:27 pm

After the "scare" that happened last week, I do have all my reviews and editorials backed up lol. I can repost them if we get a new frontpage down the line.

Also, the link on www.thacorner.net reads

http://www.thacorner.net/tcrefugeecamp.forumotion.com

this goes to a dead link. Altho I'm sure most can pick a url out of that, some may just see another dead page and give up. Just sayin

Ty

Back to top Go down

Post  SubVERTorDIE Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:27 pm

OMG wtf lol. Are you serious, he took it to this point hahahhahha.

SubVERTorDIE

Back to top Go down

Post  Word To Ya Moms B Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:29 pm

lmao....this shit was inevitable

i personally dont give a fuck what the name of the new one is as long as its better and has less bullshit behind the scenes

Word To Ya Moms B

Back to top Go down

Post  Bricksquad Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:29 pm

R.I.P TC....i learned so much valuable information, built friendships, won money from bets, got encouraged to get in school, learned tips on how to get a job (in which i got my first one)

I joke alot on their, just to have fun but right now i am seriously disappointed! I Never imagined this happening....real talk

so many memories down the drain

SMH im just shocked right now b'

Bricksquad

Back to top Go down

Post  Blood-Raiyne Threezie Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:30 pm

Everyone post their twitters here for further communication about TC and TC related interests. My twitter is @DownSkizzyDWA. I can tell you right now that alot of our crew will not come back for awhile due to the sheer fuckery caused by Super's jealousy. SMH I bet they turn around and try to recruit, too.

Blood-Raiyne Threezie

Back to top Go down

Post  SubVERTorDIE Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:32 pm

I dont get how he got that mad lol.

SubVERTorDIE

Back to top Go down

Post  1neAngryBlackMan Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:32 pm

Ty wrote:After the "scare" that happened last week, I do have all my reviews and editorials backed up lol. I can repost them if we get a new frontpage down the line.

Also, the link on www.thacorner.net reads

http://www.thacorner.net/tcrefugeecamp.forumotion.com

this goes to a dead link. Altho I'm sure most can pick a url out of that, some may just see another dead page and give up. Just sayin

yea i just realized my typo and fixed that.

I'm hoping that we can get most of our active core back and build out from there.

1neAngryBlackMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JxXxR Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:37 pm

yo wtf happened??!? scratch scratch scratch

JxXxR

Back to top Go down

Post  Blood-Raiyne Threezie Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:37 pm

Are we keeping all of our forums? (Tapedeck, AOS, Arena, Barbershop, HH, Animania, DR, Help Desk, Gentleman's Club, ITR, SOT) If Not What are we dropping? Also, I think we shouldn't take the BR with us and just bring the beef thread back.

Blood-Raiyne Threezie

Back to top Go down

Post  Return of the Capo Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:39 pm

Real shit was stated by Brick.

Return of the Capo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum